Trade Association Management System
The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) is the leading trade body within the UK glass sector and is responsible for driving standards and improving safety as well as being hugely influential from a legislative and business perspective.
The glazing industry has evolved considerably since the GGF’s inception in 1964 and the Federation has worked tirelessly to ensure it remains relevant and responsive to the ever-changing needs of over 500 members.
While the GGF and it’s members had moved forwards, the IT infrastructure had remained fixed and this inflexibility had led to convoluted and inefficient ‘work-arounds’; frustrating staff and Federation stakeholders.
A new system was required that would allow GGF staff to work better rather than harder, and to facilitate a number of new initiatives designed to benefit members.
Following the success of the FENSA system (a GGF subsidiary company) Borough IT was invited to undertake a thorough analysis of the immediate and long-term GGF requirements.
As the delivery of tangible member benefits was a core value for the Federation, Borough IT designed a system to streamline these offerings and increase efficiency.
The new GGF system created by Borough IT included:
- Subscription management that worked around the rules of the GGF and allowed the flexibility to introduce new subscription types and exceptions.
- Finance integration and invoicing.
- Member communication records.
- A comprehensive reporting suite that turns raw data into valuable insights into the current status of the Federation, covering member activity; financial statistics and outstanding tasks.
- Data cleansing and migration which allowed the GGF to begin using the new system immediately with no requirement to re-key old data.
The GGF felt the immediate benefit of a system that is available 24/7, giving members instant access to services at times convenient to them. The online format was perfectly suited to the environmental concerns of the GGF and allowed efficient management of all electronic files, taking the Federation one step closer to realising ambitions of paperless association management.
The new GGF system represents a modern and engaged body that provides measurable and tangible benefits to members. The GGF is not static, and neither is it’s IT infrastructure which will evolve along with the Federation and the industry – remaining an essential business enabler.